Microbial Contamination testing is an integral step in the hemp product manufacturing process. By testing for microbial contamination, a manufacturer can determine if they are meeting desired specifications for raw material, intermediate, and finished products; and ensure safety from food-borne diseases. We perform microbial contamination testing on Qaigen qPCR instruments using validated methods and a laboratory framework that is in line with FDA-compliant Pharma practices. We are capable of testing all types of matrices in the hemp supply chain—from biomass to concentrates to finished products.
- STEC (E.coli)
- Escherichia coli (E.coli)
- Total Yeast & Mold
- Total Aerobic Count
- Total Coliforms
- Listeria monocytogenes
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Colony Forming Units per gram (CFU/g)
- Microbial test samples must be in a separate sample container from samples submitted for all other testing.
- Plant material/extracts/liquids: 3 grams.
- Food products (gummies, pet treats, etc.): At least 2 units and must weigh at least 3 grams total.
- A la carte option
Turn time: 10 business days
Escherichia coli (E.coli)
Total Yeast & Mold
Total Aerobic Count
- Bundle option (excludes Listeria, Pseudomonas, and Staphylococcus)
Turn time: 4 business days
- Submit microbial samples on Fridays for faster turnaround.
We perform our microbial contaminant testing on QIAGEN qPCR instrumentation for E.coli and Salmonella screening and traditional culture plating for Total Yeasts & Molds.
Having the right equipment is critical, but it is only one piece of the Botanacor Validated Laboratory System. Our lab is the only hemp testing facility set to the same standards of a Pharmaceutical laboratory. By following Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) we deliver the most accurate results in the industry.