Principal Objective of the Position:
As Laboratory Director, you are responsible for the overall successful operation and administration of the laboratory, including the employment of competent qualified personnel. Even though you have the option to delegate some of your responsibilities, you remain ultimately responsible and must ensure that all the duties are properly performed and applicable regulations are met. It is your responsibility to ensure that your laboratory develops and uses a quality system approach to laboratory testing that provides accurate and reliable test results.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership in management, improvement, advancement and maintenance of laboratory operations.
- Responsible for laboratory performance.
- Informs Executive Leadership of issues, concerns or problems that might lead to quality failures before they happen.
- Assists in budget development for the laboratory including Capital Expenditures.
- Manages expenses to budget.
- Ensures that physical plant is safe and conditions appropriate to provide consistent, timely and quality results.
- Develops, monitors and makes continuous improvements in laboratory operations based on KPIs and other metrics.
- Implements Continuous Quality Improvements processes and measures effectiveness.
- Participates in Regulatory as well as customer audits as required.
- Ensures team adherence to Good Laboratory Practices and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Performs final approval of laboratory SOPs.
- Hires, integrates and develops high quality talent, capable of delivering against the department goals and objectives.
- Develops our next generation of leaders through mentorship, training, coaching and feedback.
- Working with R&D, efficiently transfers method changes, updates and developments into laboratory practice.
- Ultimately responsible for Laboratory Safety
Knowledge and Skill:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in senior leadership roles within production analytical laboratory Operations Management.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing ISO 17025 accredited laboratories, GLP validation records and documentation
- Sufficient knowledge of all test types provided, and ability to lead in problem solving determinations in the case of errors.
- Experienced in KPI development and management.
- Experience in building and growing an organization into a high performance team
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, communication, and motivation skills
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills are required
- Previous work responsibility, which required a high degree of attention to detail
- Well practiced in exercising sound judgment in decision-making
- Demonstrated prioritization and organization skills
Work is performed in a mixed laboratory office environment and requires extensive computer, employee involvement and customer interface work. Laboratory work requires the use of PPE as appropriate. Travel between laboratories to manage staff and Quality Systems.
Take action, final decision, recommend
Exercises judgment with in generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Acts as an advisor to staff to resolve problems. Develops performance requirements and evaluates staff members accordingly. Establishes and recommends changes to policies which affect subordinate organization. Erroneous decisions will result in critical delays in schedule and or unit operations and may jeopardize overall business activities.
The Laboratory Director act independently in all of the Duties and Responsibilities listed. Receives guidance in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives from Executive Leadership. Provides guidance to staff to achieve goals in accordance with established policies. Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting established objectives and schedules. Identifies and reports any discrepancies from normal practices or procedures to senior management, recommending and implementing corrective actions.
Required to provide guidance, oversee the activities, and participate in the on the job training of less experienced staff. Direct supervision of as many as 6 exempt level employees, Indirect supervision of up to 40 employees.
- Obtain an Occupational License from the Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division
- $100,000 – $120,000 per year
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- 2 weeks paid time off
- 7 paid holidays
Must be 21 years or older
Apply for this Position
Botanacor Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.