Senior Research & Development Analytical Chemist
Executive VP, Scientific Affairs
The qualified candidate will take a senior role in supporting method development, validation, and optimization by applying a variety of analytical methodologies to support chemical characterization and contaminant identification and quantitation of cannabis-related raw materials (plant material), intermediates (concentrates), and a wide range of finished products. Proficient in HPLC and GC method development is required. Working knowledge of analytical techniques (e.g., HPLC-UV, HPLC-MS, GC-MS, ICP-MS) is essential to the success of the position. Other relevant analytical techniques including support of Karl Fischer titration and water activity is also desired. Supported analytical test methods include, but are not limited to, Cannabinoid Potency Characterization, Terpene Characterization, Pesticide Residue, Residual Solvents, Heavy Metals, and Mycotoxin testing.
The individual will be primarily responsible for analytical method development and validation initiatives and the support of analytical methods after transferring to the QC environment for routine testing. Ideal candidate will serve as the subject matter expert in each of the supported analytical tests as well as the instrumentation used to perform the tests. Instrument upkeep and minor maintenance experience is desired.
Job responsibilities include analytical method development and validation, method troubleshooting, testing to support development efforts, direct interaction with project team members including presentation of data, critical review of data, preparation of technical reports, and evaluation of new instrumentation or analytical techniques. The candidate must be able to interact effectively with peers and leaders as part of a multi-disciplinary team and work in a fast-paced environment. Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to multitask, and effective interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- The position requires a B.S, M.S. or Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry or related sciences with relevant working experience in a highly regulated industry.
- Working knowledge in analytical method development and validation under cGMP environment.
- Experience with a wide variety of software and information systems (e.g., ChemStation, Mass Hunter, and LIMS).
- Experience in problem-solving skills and instrument troubleshooting.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to write and review validation protocols and summary reports, technical reports and scientific papers are desired.
- Working knowledge of Cannabis product development, regulatory requirements, project management, and capability to collaborate with colleagues.
- Problem solving for out-of-specification and failure investigations, non-conformance investigations, and recommend corrective actions.
- Analytical Chemistry: 5 years (Required) and 15 preferred
- Doctorate or advanced degree (Preferred)
- Obtain an Occupational License from the Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division
$80,000 – $100,000 per year
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 2 weeks paid time off
- 7 paid holidays
Must be 21 years or older
Apply for this Position
Botanacor Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.