- The Laboratory Technician will assist and support the routine and non-routine day to day operations within the Microbiology Laboratory. He/she will perform cleaning, maintenance, lab preparation, and support the testing within the laboratory and ensure that all responsibilities are conducted based on quality and safety procedures.
Testing Personnel Responsibilities:
- Supports routine and non-routine testing and analyses using the appropriate qualified equipment and materials
- Splits samples for various tests in an aseptic and safe manner
- Performs Reconciliation of samples according to SOP’s and Lab Practices
- Enters data into the laboratory management system as requested.
- Performs daily and weekly cleaning procedures of the laboratory
- Maintains equipment in proper working order and maintains a clean work environment.t
- Completes all required training in a timely manner and maintains training on updated policies and procedures.
- Practices safe work habits, including complying with all safety, health and environmental rules and regulations.
- Help to maintain laboratory inventory and properly labels and stores chemicals and supplies
- Communicates to Supervisor and Lab Management any laboratory testing issues related to health, safety or testing practices
- Organizes and prepares reagents and other supplies for testing needs.
- Attends the required safety trainings and remains current with refresher trainings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as delegated by the Supervisor or Lab Management
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Knowledge and application of good aseptic technique.
- Knowledge of GMP practices
- A bachelor’s degree in one of the natural sciences.
- At least 1 year of full-time experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Obtain an Occupational License from the Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division
- Complete METRC training
- $16 – $19 per hour
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- 2 weeks paid time off
- 7 paid holidays
Must be 21 years or older
Apply for this Position
Botanacor Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.